PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data is information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing means all activities using personal data, e.g. collecting, storing, recording, organizing, modifying, viewing, sharing, deleting or destroying.
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below. We collect this data for the purposes described under “How We Use Your Data”.
- Information you provide prior to and during any registration process, such as your email address, name, company name, phone number, geographic location and industry, when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or Services.
- Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services, including the following: IP address, browser type and version, geographic location, pages you view, how you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services, when you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services, metadata about your use and your contacts’ use of our Services and your emails you send (including clicks and opens), issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance, any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services. This data is stored in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We process the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
1. when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR), including in particular:
- To provide the requested Services to you;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our Services;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To provide you with requested information or technical support;
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
- To communicate with you;
2. when the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR), including in particular:
- To offer and improve our Services;
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services;
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services or market third party products and services, or target prospective customers with our products or services (our use of your information, marketing, and targeting activities are performed with the User’s consent where required by applicable law);
- In connection with our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To pursue and defend against claims;
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of Users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and Services.
Personal data shared with us by you when you email us will solely be used by us to communicate with you, answer any of your questions, present our offer and provide the Services to you. Your personal data will be collected and stored on an offline database and will not be shared with any third party.
In case you provide us with any payment information it will only be used to facilitate payment for our Services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
As further described below, we will only share certain personal data with:
a) Data processors, including:
- our partners;
- third party service providers and vendors;
b) authorized users within your organization; and
c) for legal reasons, at the request of authorized bodies.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND VENDORS
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties so that they can assist us, acting as data processors, in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence and providing us with information technology and data storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). We use the analytics services of Google Analytics and search engine optimization services of Google Console Search. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any personal data of our Users for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
We also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners. For example, we disclose mobile search trends or the number of Users that have clicked on our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and Services.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA WITH AUTHORIZED AUTHORITIES
If legally required to do so, we may disclose your personal data to courts of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant authorities to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, or pursue other relief.
This sharing can include transferring your personal data to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, it is our policy to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal data to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
If you believe there has been any unauthorized access or use of your information, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHOICE/OPT-OUT (MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US, EMAIL, PHONE, COOKIES)
You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by emailing us at email@example.com. Some communications from us are considered transactional or Service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) for Services offered by the Company are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) for the Services of the Company, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or Service communications. To cancel your account(s) with the Company, please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable Company’s Service. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
Read more information about Cookies Policy.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data to provide Services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will process your personal data as long as you use our Services (until the day we stop providing the Services to you); In the event of any dispute, we may process your personal data for the period necessary to pursue claims or defend against claims. We will also retain your personal data if we are required to do so in accordance with the provisions of law after we stop providing the Services to you.
Personal data is provided by Users voluntarily. Not providing specified data in a given process prevents the use of certain Website functionalities offered by our Company.
You have rights in relation to the processing of your personal data. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that before we start exercising your rights we will require you to verify your identity by providing details only known to the account holder. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and what entities we share it with. In order to obtain information and access data held by us, please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal data you provide us if we process it on the legal basis of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal data to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal data to another party, please ensure you determine the details of that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal data or its processing once received by the third party.
You have the right to require us to rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request rectification, please explain in detail why you believe the personal data we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a rectification is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
You may request that we erase the personal data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data;
- we are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING TO STORAGE ONLY
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal data is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal data as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal data while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal data.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal data, we will delete such data from our files.
In order for us to provide the Services to you, your personal data will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in a secure offline database.We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
3THERMO Ltd., registered in29 Raynham Road, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertforshire, CM23 5PE is the controller of your data. However, where Users are EU residents, for transfers of personal data to the Company or for transfers of data to third parties, such transfers will either (i) be under the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC and 2010/87/EU; or (ii) rely on the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer at the Company to obtain a copy of the data transfer agreement or more information regarding the relevant safeguard we put in place. The Data Protection Officer may be reached at email@example.com.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to deal with your request.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES